1.2 After you sign up for Shop Pay, if you use Shop Pay on a Shop Pay Site, Shopify will place a cookie on your web browser to recognize you when you return to that Shop Pay Site or any other Shop Pay Site, which will allow you to make purchases using your Saved Information. If you visit a Shop Pay Site and you are not recognized by Shop (for example, because you’ve cleared your cookies, logged out, or you’re using a device that is different from the one you used to access the Shop Pay Site during your last checkout), you will be able to access your Saved Information by inputting your email address and a verification code will be sent to you via SMS text message or a notification from Shop. After you verify your identity, Shop will allow you to make purchases using your Saved Information, including your Shipping Information provided that the Merchant offers the applicable shipping method.
1.3 You can manage your Payment Information and Shipping Information in Shop or the next time you checkout from a Shop Pay Site. Should you update your Payment Information, you consent to Shopify validating your Payment Information, including your credit card on file. If you remove a credit card from your Saved Information, this will not terminate or cancel any subscriptions you may have purchased with a Merchant using your Saved Information in Shop Pay. You must cancel your subscriptions with the Merchant directly.
1.4 Note that message and data rates may apply for any SMS messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, contact your wireless provider.
1.5 When you check out with Shop Pay, you may have the option to pay in installments from participating stores. Installments are a flexible payment option that can help you invest in larger purchases up to $3,000 USD by dividing your purchase amount into four equal, biweekly, and interest-free payments.
1.6 Paying in installments with Shop Pay is powered and serviced by Affirm and is only available for payment on a limited number of Shop Pay Sites (“Eligible Shop Pay Sites”). Shopify does not determine your eligibility, and Eligible Shop Pay Sites determine the availability of the option to pay in installments with Shop Pay. While you can manage your payments in Shop, your use of installments is subject to the terms you agreed to with Affirm, including their terms of service which can be found here. Shopify is not a party to any agreement between you and Affirm, and expressly disclaims all liability with respect to such agreements.
1.7 To pay in installments with Shop Pay on an Eligible Shop Pay Site, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Reside in the United States.
- Sign up for Shop Pay.
- Add your debit or credit card to your Shop Pay account.
- Sign up for Affirm to confirm your eligibility.
1.8 The following limitations currently apply to paying in installments with Shop Pay:
- Existing Affirm account holders aren’t eligible for paying by installments with Shop Pay.
- Orders that include gift cards are excluded from paying in installments with Shop Pay.
- To qualify, orders need to be between $50 and $3,000 USD, inclusive of shipping and taxes.
- If you change your phone number within Shop Pay, then you also need to update your information with Affirm before you can pay for another purchase in installments with Shop Pay.
- You can’t use a Capital One credit card to make Shop Pay Installment payments.
1.9 You can find more information on paying with installments here.
1.10 Order tracking operates in different ways:
- if the email account you use to sign up for Shop is the same email account you used to make a purchase with a Merchant who uses the Shopify features, products or services (a “Shopify Merchant”), we will automatically populate that Order Information in Shop;
- if you make a purchase on a Shop Pay Site using Shop Pay and you have a Shop account, we will automatically populate that Order Information in Shop;
- if you have a supported email account (for example, Gmail), we will populate that Order Information in Shop via tokenized read access to your supported email account;
- other accounts may also be voluntarily connected, where with your permission, we may access the applicable Order Information to provide you with tracking notifications; or
- if you do not have a supported email account, or if you do not wish to grant Shop tokenized read access to your email or other accounts, you can manually input tracking information or forward relevant order tracking emails to a Shop-provided endpoint.
Shopping and Product Recommendations
1.11 Shop’s product recommendations and shopping functionalities allow you to discover, browse, and purchase products from Shopify Merchants (“Products”). Shop may also make personalized recommendations to you based on Merchants you follow or your Saved Information. Notwithstanding any features or tools that we might make available in Shop, and unless otherwise explicitly stated, we do not endorse, and we are not affiliated with any Merchant or their Products.
1.12 Post Purchase Offers. Post-purchase offers are discounts offered by Merchants and may be surfaced to you in Shop after you make a purchase from a Shopify Merchant in Shop (“Post Purchase Offer(s)”). Post-Purchase Offers will continue to be exposed to you in various surface areas in Shop until the discount has expired or you use it. Shopify Merchants are responsible for enabling the Post-Purchase Offer campaign and at a minimum, providing the discount type and amount. The automated campaign will run until the expiration date set by the Shopify Merchant or when the Shopify Merchant chooses to disable it. Shopify has no control over and will not be liable for any Post-Purchase Offers offered by Shopify Merchants.